Sharjah Indian School
Sharjah Indian School is a Senior Secondary School, Owned and Managed by Indian Association Sharjah. Established in 1979 with 280 pupils and 13 teachers, the school stands as a landmark in the annals of the Indo- UAE friendship. Today after 37 years, the school has a strength of 8,904 students and 459 teachers. The school is approved and licensed by the private Education Department of the Ministry of Education , UAE and is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi , India. The school which stands on a plot of land most graciously donated by H.H Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, member of the supreme council and ruler of Sharjah, has a purpose built and magnificent infrastructure.
The school is owned and managed by the Indian Association Sharjah. It was officially inaugurated on the 5th of September 1979 by His Excellency M. H. Ansari, the then Ambassador of India in the presence of His Excellency Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi. The curriculum and programme of work is in accordance with the requirements of the Central Board of Secondary Education in New Delhi. The medium of instruction in the school is English, with Hindi as compulsory second language. Arabic is taught as per the rules laid down by the U.A.E. Education Ministry. Islamic Studies is compulsory for all Muslim children. The children who leave the school with transfer certificate are eligible for admission to any school in India.
How was your Experience?
- UAE-wide teacher licensing scheme to begin in 2017, minister says
- Meditation and breathing help Zayed University students relieve stress
- Cyber warriors needed to protect online security in UAE
- English Fair is goldmine of interesting facts
- Sheikh Zayed Award winners honoured at ADNEC ceremony
- Lab Technician – Art Room
- Lab Technician – Textile
- Lab Technician – Graphics
- Lab Technician – Resistant Material
- Lab Technician - Food technology
- Career Counsellor
- AV Technical Analyst
- Teacher of Computing (Key Stages 1 - 2)
- Multiple Full-Time Faculty Positions
- Program Director - Early Childhood Education
Join 70,000+ Educators
Sign-up to our Newsletter