Sharjah Indian School
Sharjah Indian School is a Senior Secondary School, Owned and Managed by Indian Association Sharjah. Established in 1979 with 280 pupils and 13 teachers, the school stands as a landmark in the annals of the Indo- UAE friendship. Today after 37 years, the school has a strength of 8,904 students and 459 teachers. The school is approved and licensed by the private Education Department of the Ministry of Education , UAE and is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi , India. The school which stands on a plot of land most graciously donated by H.H Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, member of the supreme council and ruler of Sharjah, has a purpose built and magnificent infrastructure.
The school is owned and managed by the Indian Association Sharjah. It was officially inaugurated on the 5th of September 1979 by His Excellency M. H. Ansari, the then Ambassador of India in the presence of His Excellency Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi. The curriculum and programme of work is in accordance with the requirements of the Central Board of Secondary Education in New Delhi. The medium of instruction in the school is English, with Hindi as compulsory second language. Arabic is taught as per the rules laid down by the U.A.E. Education Ministry. Islamic Studies is compulsory for all Muslim children. The children who leave the school with transfer certificate are eligible for admission to any school in India.
How was your Experience?
- Grade 12 final exams begin for UAE Ministry of Education curriculum schools
- Middlesex University Dubai students complete UNGC training
- Submissions open for Arab children’s literature award
- One in four Abu Dhabi youngsters ‘addicted to social media’
- UAE students consider a career in sports
- Healthcare Management
- Program Director - Environmental Health Program
- Digital Humanities Lecturer
- Adjunct Faculty in Civil Engineering
- Program Director - Business
- Program Director - Early Childhood Education
- Senior Specialist - Events and Marketing
- Faculty Positions in Law (Arabic)
- Administrative Assistant (Engineering Technology and Science)
- Professional & Graduate School Advisor
Join 70,000+ Educators
Sign-up to our Newsletter