Gulf Medical University (GMU)
The Gulf Medical University came into existence with the Decree issued by the Minister of Higher Education & Scientific Research, His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan on the 10th of July 2008 when the Gulf Medical College, Ajman was officially approved as the Gulf Medical University. The University had its humble beginnings as the Gulf Medical College, Ajman established with the Decree No. 1, dated 28 January, issued by his Highness Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al-Nuaimi, the Ruler of Ajman and Member of the Supreme Council, U.A.E in the year 1998 as there was a felt need for a medical college in the United Arab Emirates.
The Gulf Medical College Ajman began with the M.B.B.S program and later the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program was added in October 2000. Today the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research has recognized the Gulf Medical University as a center of excellence and has permitted the University to foray into newer programs in Pharm D, DMD, Masters Programs in Clinical Pathology, Toxicology and Public Health.
How was your Experience?
- American University in Dubai awards scholarships to 140 new students
- UAE Schools told to Teach Moral Education
- Challenges for back-to-school parents: Money, sleep schedules
- Study calls quality of UAE’s Higher Education system into question
- More than 800 Teachers Hired in Abu Dhabi Schools
- Learning Support Assistant
- Academic Technician - Electrical
- MRI Physicist - Core Technology Platforms
- Program Director - Environmental Health Program
- Program Director - Business
- Program Director - Early Childhood Education
- HR Business Partner
- Senior Operations Manager
- Senior Technology Officer
Join 70,000+ Educators
Sign-up to our Newsletter