Emirati Grants Administrator – Provost Office
We are assisting a leading international university in their search for an experienced Grants Administrator to join their Provost Office within their Finance department.
Working in a friendly and professional team you will provide grant management support to Principal Investigators (PI) of the university research grants and to awarded sponsored and internal grants.
The position is primarily responsible for project-level financial administration of research grants awarded from the Institute and other external funding agencies, ensuring expenditures of the grants are properly tracked, monitored and reported to PIs and leadership, liaising with the Sponsored Programs Administration at the university and providing the point of contact for PIs and research staff.
The position will work closely with the research administration offices in both Abu Dhabi and overseas. The position will also assist with the development of policies and processes for supporting post-award grants administration.
- Monitor project expenditures for all Institute and externally-sponsored projects.
- Review projects’ monthly expenditures in comparison to budgets.
- Develop methods for timely and accurate expenditure projections.
- Provide monthly reports to project directors and senior management.
- Assist in preparation of annual and final project financial reports.
- Assist in developing annual and multi-year grant budgets for new projects.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- Continuing professional education/ certification in research administration
- Minimum of three years of experience in project-level financial administration of sponsored grants
- Experience in generating reports of portfolios of multiple grants for senior management
- Experience with budget development
- Demonstrated experience developing and monitoring large complex budgets.
- Exceptional technical, accounting, and communication skills a must.
- Full competence with Microsoft Excel.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations at all levels in a professional manner
- Ability to interpret government contract language, quickly learn and understand University policies and procedures, and disseminate information to faculty and staff regarding pre and post award management.
- Ability to work independently, under supervision, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with other administrative offices of the university, in particular Finance, Budget and the Sponsored Programs offices.
- Experience with US Federal funding agencies is strongly preferred.
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.