Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The Department of Financial Services seeks an incumbent for the position of Financial Controller who is responsible to lead the “cash” to “accrual” transition, produce full set of financial statements based on IPSAS standards, refine and manage the chart of accounts, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Under the direction and supervisor of Director, Financial Services, the Financial Controller will:
- Prepare full set of financial statements complaint with IPSAS standards,
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that University resources are monitored and measured appropriately and that risk assessments are conducted periodically.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Lead the coordination of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Support Deans, department heads and appropriate staff regarding accounting policies and procedures, and in the review of financial information.
- Supervise the records systems for fixed assets and, in collaboration with the Contracts and Procurement Department, monitor and validate the periodic inventory of university assets.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Internal Controls
- Establish and execute internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures.
- Financial Planning and Reporting
- Provide accurate and comprehensive financial information to executive management for long-term financial strategizing.
- Financial Analysis
- In addition to financial reporting, the controller must be skilled at in-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions.
- Successfully creating a sound financial and accounting system in line with the confines of established procedures and regulations.
- Independent judgement is used to determine the appropriate financial analysis techniques and tools to analyze existing and proposed organizational structures, policies, and procedures.
- Develops recommendations for management decisions, which may involve creativity and innovation.
- Independently develops the extent and manner of presentation of analyses and recommendations for action and operational improvements that will maximize their acceptability to key decision makers.
- Work is performed under general direction only and is reviewed for quality of completed project, soundness of judgement, and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Must work closely and in a spirit of co-operation with business center managers and the University community to develop, monitor financial information.
- Provides leadership to staff in the Financial Services department based on knowledge of University strategic priorities and goals.
Must possess Master’s in business administration or closely related field Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 10 years of experience progressively responsible financial management experience in a dynamic environment with three years in managerial level positions or an equivalent combination of education, skill and experience. Experience in managing financial operations in an academic environment with relevant international experience is preferred. or an equivalent combination of education, skill or experience. Preference will be given to candidates with professional accounting designations such as CPA/ACCA/CIMA etc.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.