Facility Management Director
The Director will champion the technical and operational aspects of the campus. S/he will manage the delivery of facility management through a third party service provider, ensuring that the service provider delivers the services to a consistently high standard through maintenance of strong levels of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
This position will play a significant role in ensuring that the designated areas of campus are operated and maintained in the most effective way to support the academic mission of the university and propel the campus into becoming a prominent center of intellectual and cultural activity for Abu Dhabi and the Middle East. The Director will be responsible for the seamless functioning and contract management of the facilities and campus operations, assist the Executive Director of Campus Operations to ensure thorough understanding of any proposed facility alteration or space development/ change with particular reference to the mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) aspects, and will ensure compliance with all applicable codes.
The Director, Facilities Management will establish performance standards and specifications, and enforce contract requirements for outside contractors responsible for providing services that fall under NYUAD scope. S/he will develop, negotiate, and supervise, service-provider, and custodial service contracts related to areas that fall under NYUAD scope.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures and identify and manage departmental risks in the Facility Management area
- Direct the service provision of all academic, administrative and auxiliary buildings; provide technical assistance and advice on facility related issues
- Oversee the management of a staff of departmental employees and contractors deployed to work at NYUAD
- Prepare and tract annual budget and expenditures; submit various forms reports, correspondences, budget documents, plans, records and presentations and direct monthly tracking and reporting of all assigned activities
- Provide leadership and direction to NYUAD staff in scoping, procurement, selection, appointment, management, supervision and coordination of consultants and advisors (facilities management, lifecycle cost modeling, MEP, service provision etc.)
- Promote the growth of both individuals and project teams in the delivery of services
- Responsible for ensuring that service provider for Hard Facility Management follows all appropriate Health and Safety measures whilst carrying out their duties
- Responsible for the management and performance of NYUAD service contractor in Hard Facilities Management
- Minimum 10 years of experience of Facility Management at a senior leadership level, preferably within higher education, and at least three years of experience in the UAE
- Strong experience in managing third party service providers and their employees
- Broad background in delivering successful commercial solutions, identifying and developing value creations
- Sound knowledge of financial management, including experience of forecasting, formulating and managing income and expenditure budgets in a commercial environment
- Experience and understanding of service management delivery challenges and opportunities within the University sector
- Experience in in monitoring of individual and team objectives and conducting Performance and Development Reviews
- Ability to deliver at a strategic level while effectively managing operational performance of commercial units
- Ability to maintain good, productive and mutually beneficial relationships with Operational Management departmental staff, and with Faculty and other Facility Management colleagues
- Ability to negotiate conflict, build and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills
- Excellent management skills to function at a director level with initiative, appropriate level of accountability and excellent problem solving ability
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.