Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Oversee and manage routine & preventive maintenance tasks across all fields i.e carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc for all facilities / units of the Organisation.
The Facilities & Maintenance Engineer will be responsible to:
- Ensure the overall preventive, corrective, routine and emergency maintenance works are carried out for all assigned Fortes Group properties and buildings.
- Oversee, schedule, coordinate, and perform maintenance and repair of equipment and systems including chillers, HVAC, fire detection, plumbing, electrical, phone systems, building security etc.
- With team of supervisors and skilled and unskilled workers, carry out inspection of facilities on a regular basis to detect maintenance issues including civil, MEP, fire fighting, and swimming pool issues (examples include clogged drains, leaky ceilings and faulty electrical switches) and have them attended to immediately.
- Conduct monthly checks/ audits of each property and identify maintenance requirements and rectify.
- Create and oversee the implementation of Annual Maintenance Contracts.
- Raise RFQs to external companies and subcontractors for Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMCs).
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are attended to within the pre-defined SLA.
- Liaise and coordinate with various collaborators & stakeholders on operational, cleaning and maintenance issues.
- Supervise and manage the facility & maintenance team ensuring the tasks assigned for all operations and maintenance activities are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Engage and manage subcontractors and service providers ensuring that business disruptions are prevented.
- Oversee facility modifications, including obtaining estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs and requirements
- Plan and coordinate internal moves and relocations; coordinate planning for upgrades to existing facilities, including the addition of cubes, offices and the redesigning of spaces. Responsible to reconfigure, install, position and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to maximize office space.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all property facility maintenance related issues
- Provide technical support and advice on building maintenance issues
- Act as a lead for matters relating to Health and Safety ensuring Health and Safety processes are implemented and managed consistently.
- Ensure that all facilities are operated in compliance with all local regulations.
- Should have experience in interior fit-out.
- Civil engineering construction site experience would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a Facility & Maintenance Engineer.
- Should have a valid UAE driving license.
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting
- Self-driven, proactive individuals with high passion for continuous learning and business mindset with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to multitask and meet established deadlines.
- Very good English written and oral communication skills. Should be able to compose letters and RFQs himself.
- Ability to manage facilities & maintenance of multiple sites.
- Knowledge of Hindi is an advantage.
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.