Indian School Al Wadi Al Kabir
The Indian School Al Wadi Al Kabir was formally founded in 1941 as a Gujarati Medium School for the children of the members of the business community. It began to take its present shape in 1987 as Indian School Muttrah, with English as the medium of instruction. It was named Indian School AL Wadi Al Kabir because of its location when it moved into its new premises in September 1993. The School was granted composite affiliation till grade X in December 1992, and was later upgraded to Senior Secondary level in 1999. It is managed by an association of members of the business community in Muscat through a committee called the Managing Committee of Indian School AL Wadi Al Kabir.
The School considers the Kindergarten an essential step in the ladder of educational experience. The aim is to foster the natural development of 3-5 years olds through an organized, systematic, child-centered programme of learning. The focus is on the development of essential skills in child from a very early stage. The school emphasizes education of young children through active exploration and through learning activities.
The school has English as the first language and Hindi as the compulsory second language. Arabic or Malayalam is taught as a compulsory additional language for Grades VI – VIII, fulfilling the requirement of a compulsory third language by the CBSE. Besides the languages, Mathematics, Science, Environmental Studies, Social Studies, Physical and Health Education, Computer Studies, Art and Craft, Hindustani Music, and Work Experience are taught. Developmental activities like games, sports, debates, elocution, quizzing, dramatics, etc., are given due importance.
How was your Experience?
- Schools that promote reading will get better ratings
- Shaikh Mohammed honours UAE Arab Reading Challenge winners
- Future Centre focuses on what pupils can do, rather on what they cannot
- Mohammad honours winners of Think Science competition
- Academic year to end early for KG1 to Grade 2 pupils
- Senior Specialist - Events and Marketing
- Faculty Positions in Law (Arabic)
- Administrative Assistant (Engineering Technology and Science)
- Professional & Graduate School Advisor
- Nursery Teacher
- Nursery Nurse
- Associate Dean, Applied Communications
- Key Teacher
- Art & Music Nursery Teacher
- Teacher - Qualified Practitioner
Join 70,000+ Educators
Sign-up to our Newsletter