All Private and Public Schools in Abu Dhabi to operate under ADEC
The education sector in Abu Dhabi is undergoing a major transformation. All private and public schools in the emirate will soon be operating under the umbrella of the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) in association with the Ministry of Education (MoE), a top official said in the capital on Tuesday.
In addition to creating at least a thousand new jobs in the sector for female Emirati graduates, the new structure will ensure that all schools are regularly inspected for quality by the Adec, said Dr Mugheer Al Khaili, director general at the council.
“Standardised international tests will be used to compare children’s learning with that of their peers abroad, and the ADEC will continue to ensure that quality is maintained and teachers licenced at all the schools in the emirate, including institutions in Al Ain and Al Gharbia (Western region),” Dr Al Khaili said.
He was speaking at the Bedaya Forum, which was organised by the ADECto welcome the new academic year.
The New School Model (NSM) introduced by the council in 2005 will be implemented till grade 12 across all public schools by the 2014-2015 academic year, Dr Al Khaili said. Currently, the model covers classes till grade 4.
By 2018, all schools are to be operated privately, while being monitored by ADEC-affiliated centres that regulate curricula and accreditations and provide career counselling and parent council services.
As part of the NSM, all public schools are also currently moving towards an electronic learning approach, which combines Net-based resources with books and other traditional media, he added.
“Children will therefore be able to benefit from an unlimited pool of resources, and each child will be able to learn at his own pace. The internet will also become a major learning tool across all institutions,” he said.
GD Star Rating
- Pupils from GEMS schools achieve top results in the UOC Outstanding Learner Awards
- Hamdan award winners honoured
- Choosing public or private sector depends on one’s goals, Emiratis say
- Emirati students show off engineering prowess for UAE Innovation Challenge 2014
- Deputy Ruler of Dubai visits DEWA stand at Careers UAE 2014
Post a Comment
- 1 GETEX Spring 2014 offers tailor-made sponsorship opportunities to global education
- 2 Emirates Aviation College unveils new name at GETEX 2014
- 3 "Continuous education" key to successful career
- 4 Canadian University of Dubai looks to Expo 2020 with SAP Alliance
- 5 Al Ain Zoo launches annual wildlife and nature programme
- Learning Instructor
- Assistant/ Associate Professor/ Professor in Innovation and Change Management
- Professor in Quantitative Analysis & Research Methodology
- Assistant / Associate Professor / Professor in Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Assistant / Associate Professor / Professor in Project Management
- Professor in Educational Technology / Online Learning & Instructional Design / Digital Design / Educational Leadership
- Dean e-School of Health and Environmental Studies
- Assistant/ Associate Professor/ Professor in Finance / Islamic Finance
- Professor in Operations and Total Quality Management
- Administration Assistant, Khalifa University