Abu Dhabi University donates 12,000 books and 300 computers to schools in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) launched a two-week donation campaign to deliver nearly 12,000 books and 300 refurbished computers to 15 private schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain last week.
This inaugural initiative will see the schools’ library bookshelves filled with volumes ranging from subjects such as mathematics and physics to literature, in both Arabic and English. The books will be made available to students in grades 10, 11 and 12.
“We are honoured to help school administrations in their mission of educating and empowering the UAE’s future young leaders with the necessary knowledge they need for future challenges,” said Dr Terry Motiuk, vice-chancellor at ADU.
“We are very committed towards contributing to the academic advancement of students in the country. We therefore plan to make this contribution a regular aspect of ADU’s annual social responsibility plan.”
Rajendran Padmanabham, principal of Sunrise English Private School in Abu Dhabi, said the initiative was not only generous but also raised awareness of the importance of recycling.
“This grant allows us the opportunity to reduce the high costs community schools have to set aside in their budget in order to increase and update the contents of their libraries,” he said.
“This initiative not only contributes to the academic development of students but helps raise awareness about the importance of reusing and recycling books and refurbished electronics.”
- Sennheiser Set to Demonstrate Collaboration at Gulf Education
- Omani students at Ajman university shocked at ban
- GESS Dubai announces winners of prestigious education awards
- First Chinese International School to open in Dubai
- American University of Sharjah wins 6th CFA Institute Research Challenge in UAE
Post a Comment
- 1 Parents of Abu Dhabi villa school pupils relieved at finding seats
- 2 Parents and educators praise Dubai report into special needs pupils
- 3 Physical Education programmes to be reinstated from next academic year
- 4 HEC Paris hosts New York’s PACE University’s MBA participants
- 5 Sky is no longer the limit for young Emirati women
- Cashier – Full Time
- Procurement Officer– Full Time
- Business Administration / Economy - PhD holder - Part Time faculty
- HR & Admin. Officer - Full Time
- HR & Admin Manager - Full Time
- PhD holder Faculty - English Language & Translation Department - Full Time
- Public international law – PhD holder – Part Time faculty - (قانون عام دولي)
- Admission and Registration Officer – Full Time
- Accountant – Full Time
- Data Management Specialist