Abu Dhabi University donates 12,000 books and 300 computers to schools in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) launched a two-week donation campaign to deliver nearly 12,000 books and 300 refurbished computers to 15 private schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain last week.
This inaugural initiative will see the schools’ library bookshelves filled with volumes ranging from subjects such as mathematics and physics to literature, in both Arabic and English. The books will be made available to students in grades 10, 11 and 12.
“We are honoured to help school administrations in their mission of educating and empowering the UAE’s future young leaders with the necessary knowledge they need for future challenges,” said Dr Terry Motiuk, vice-chancellor at ADU.
“We are very committed towards contributing to the academic advancement of students in the country. We therefore plan to make this contribution a regular aspect of ADU’s annual social responsibility plan.”
Rajendran Padmanabham, principal of Sunrise English Private School in Abu Dhabi, said the initiative was not only generous but also raised awareness of the importance of recycling.
“This grant allows us the opportunity to reduce the high costs community schools have to set aside in their budget in order to increase and update the contents of their libraries,” he said.
“This initiative not only contributes to the academic development of students but helps raise awareness about the importance of reusing and recycling books and refurbished electronics.”
GD Star Rating
- Minister of Higher Education receives Kuwaiti delegation
- UAE innovations: High-tech shoes to guide the blind
- Sharjah students take top honours in IT contest
- Top Irish institutions to take part in GHEDEX 2014
- Parents, get ready for school fee hike
Post a Comment
- 1 Emirati female students feted on completion of course in Scotland
- 2 Lower House endorses higher education law
- 3 Glion Institute to showcase Education Services to GCC Market at GECE in London
- 4 Emirati men prefer private universities
- 5 ABILITIESme Supporting the region’s Special Needs Community
- Assistant/ Associate Professor/ Professor in Innovation and Change Management
- Professor in Quantitative Analysis & Research Methodology
- Assistant / Associate Professor / Professor in Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Assistant / Associate Professor / Professor in Project Management
- Professor in Educational Technology / Online Learning & Instructional Design / Digital Design / Educational Leadership
- Dean e-School of Health and Environmental Studies
- Assistant/ Associate Professor/ Professor in Finance / Islamic Finance
- Professor in Operations and Total Quality Management
- Administration Assistant, Khalifa University
- Performance and Career Development Manager, ADEC