Abu Dhabi University donates 12,000 books and 300 computers to schools in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) launched a two-week donation campaign to deliver nearly 12,000 books and 300 refurbished computers to 15 private schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain last week.
This inaugural initiative will see the schools’ library bookshelves filled with volumes ranging from subjects such as mathematics and physics to literature, in both Arabic and English. The books will be made available to students in grades 10, 11 and 12.
“We are honoured to help school administrations in their mission of educating and empowering the UAE’s future young leaders with the necessary knowledge they need for future challenges,” said Dr Terry Motiuk, vice-chancellor at ADU.
“We are very committed towards contributing to the academic advancement of students in the country. We therefore plan to make this contribution a regular aspect of ADU’s annual social responsibility plan.”
Rajendran Padmanabham, principal of Sunrise English Private School in Abu Dhabi, said the initiative was not only generous but also raised awareness of the importance of recycling.
“This grant allows us the opportunity to reduce the high costs community schools have to set aside in their budget in order to increase and update the contents of their libraries,” he said.
“This initiative not only contributes to the academic development of students but helps raise awareness about the importance of reusing and recycling books and refurbished electronics.”
GD Star Rating
- HBMeU partners with Fujairah College to encourage scientific research
- Students participate in Business Enterprise Day and reap the rewards
- Bee’ah, AUS and the Wharton school launch large scale consulting project
- Dubai students offered chance to be UN ambassadors
- Teenage girls outperform boys in UAE schools
- 1 Waleed Aly visit to VISS: “Society defines our aspirations in life”
- 2 Mohammed bin Rashid smart learning programme inks deal with Microsoft
- 3 Parents see benefits in popular science festival
- 4 The UAE has made a significant improvement in English proficiency
- 5 K12 Academy and Sylvan Learning Collaborate On Academic Front
- Budget Specialist - Khalifa University
- Pay & Benefit Specialist - ADEC
- Team Leader - Personnel Services - ADEC
- Management Assistant - ADEC
- Succession and Emiratisation Senior Specialist
- ADMINISTRATOR/OFFICE MANAGER (Sales-Oriented)
- Nursery Teacher - Kids Kare
- Elementary Classroom Teacher
- Arabic and Islamic Studies Teacher
- Senior Officer, Student Services (UAE Nationals Only)