Abu Dhabi University donates 12,000 books and 300 computers to schools in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) launched a two-week donation campaign to deliver nearly 12,000 books and 300 refurbished computers to 15 private schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain last week.
This inaugural initiative will see the schools’ library bookshelves filled with volumes ranging from subjects such as mathematics and physics to literature, in both Arabic and English. The books will be made available to students in grades 10, 11 and 12.
“We are honoured to help school administrations in their mission of educating and empowering the UAE’s future young leaders with the necessary knowledge they need for future challenges,” said Dr Terry Motiuk, vice-chancellor at ADU.
“We are very committed towards contributing to the academic advancement of students in the country. We therefore plan to make this contribution a regular aspect of ADU’s annual social responsibility plan.”
Rajendran Padmanabham, principal of Sunrise English Private School in Abu Dhabi, said the initiative was not only generous but also raised awareness of the importance of recycling.
“This grant allows us the opportunity to reduce the high costs community schools have to set aside in their budget in order to increase and update the contents of their libraries,” he said.
“This initiative not only contributes to the academic development of students but helps raise awareness about the importance of reusing and recycling books and refurbished electronics.”
- Early Years Education, Key To Shaping A Peaceful World
- Second Al Noor International Nursing Conference kicks-off in Abu Dhabi
- First GEMS-owned School in Qatar to open in September
- Children stay up too late in the UAE and fall asleep in class
- ADU’s College of Engineering receives international accreditation from ABET
Post a Comment
- 1 Pupils given a fun lesson in engineering at Khalifa University’s Stem summer camp
- 2 DIB welcomes 110 students to its annual Iktaseb summer training programme
- 3 Khalifa University Welcomes New Students for the Academic Year 2014-2015
- 4 4 more villa schools closed in Abu Dhabi
- 5 Blanket pass for exams will have little impact: universities
- Student Engagement & Development Manager - Abu Dhabi University
- Senior Coordinator, Student Services - Institute of Applied Technology
- Senior Officer, Payroll - Institute of Applied Technology
- Computer Programmer - Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.
- Curriculum Specialist - Sports Science - Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- Assessment Manager - Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- PRO (Public Relation Officer) - UAE National Only - ACTVET
- Head of Training & Development - ACTVET
- Project Manager - ACTVET
- Programmer - Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.