Abu Dhabi University donates 12,000 books and 300 computers to schools in Abu DhabiFollow @edarabia Abu Dhabi, UAE: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) launched a two-week donation campaign to deliver nearly 12,000 books and 300 refurbished computers to 15 private schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain last week.
This inaugural initiative will see the schools’ library bookshelves filled with volumes ranging from subjects such as mathematics and physics to literature, in both Arabic and English. The books will be made available to students in grades 10, 11 and 12.
“We are honoured to help school administrations in their mission of educating and empowering the UAE’s future young leaders with the necessary knowledge they need for future challenges,” said Dr Terry Motiuk, vice-chancellor at ADU.
“We are very committed towards contributing to the academic advancement of students in the country. We therefore plan to make this contribution a regular aspect of ADU’s annual social responsibility plan.”
Rajendran Padmanabham, principal of Sunrise English Private School in Abu Dhabi, said the initiative was not only generous but also raised awareness of the importance of recycling.
“This grant allows us the opportunity to reduce the high costs community schools have to set aside in their budget in order to increase and update the contents of their libraries,” he said.
“This initiative not only contributes to the academic development of students but helps raise awareness about the importance of reusing and recycling books and refurbished electronics.”
Share Your Thoughts
More Edarabia News
Join 70,000+ Educators
Sign-up to our Newsletter
- Mohammad honours winners of Think Science competition
- Academic year to end early for KG1 to Grade 2 pupils
- Masdar Institute graduates encouraged to build a more sustainable world
- Parents stretched as UAE firms cut education allowances
- More than 30,000 design students required in Middle East by 2019
- Faculty Positions in Law (Arabic)
- Administrative Assistant (Engineering Technology and Science)
- Professional & Graduate School Advisor
- Nursery Teacher
- Nursery Nurse
- Associate Dean, Applied Communications
- Key Teacher
- Art & Music Nursery Teacher
- Teacher - Qualified Practitioner
- Western Nursery Teachers