Digital Media Specialist #32573
The Digital Media Specialist will lead in the development of digitally formatted instruction and instructional support materials, particularly in the construction of course pieces, and learning objects to be deployed using the Blackboard Course Management System. The Digital Media Specialist will work closely with the Instructional Support Specialist in the conceptualization, design, and evaluation of a comprehensive program that develops the skills of ADU faculty and professional staff with a focus on enhancing the university’s student-centered learning environment and building sustained faculty competencies
- Provides computer programming to implement the multimedia and online components of courses created by Faculty and the Instructional Designer.
- Collaborates with team members to identify and evaluate digital learning materials and facilitate integration into course materials.
- Participates in decisions regarding the selection of instructional technologies, including software applications, for enhancing course materials.
- Assists in the preparation of materials and presentation of workshops on best practices in digitally supported instruction.
- Reviews digital course materials and suggest revisions as needed.
- Responds to instructors’ concerns about technology enhanced teaching and learning.
- Collaborates with other digital media personnel and electronic publishing specialists, especially the staff of the Library.
- Provides direct support to video conference instruction, online learners and instructors, and other technology setup as needed.
- Maintains Center for Faculty Development equipment
- Performs other appropriate duties as determined by the Director of the Center for Faculty Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Associate’s Degree with significant experience may be substituted.
- Excellent skills in online productivity tools such as Java, Flash, Website development, and Microsoft Office Products .
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to write clearly, including the effective use of electronic mail, discussion boards, and other online tools of communication.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to produce online products to standards and on deadline.
- Professional demeanor
- Experience producing and integrating digitalized audio/video files for Web delivery.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- About Company: Abu Dhabi University
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.
- Student Engagement & Development Manager – Abu Dhabi University
- Senior Coordinator, Student Services – Institute of Applied Technology
- Senior Officer, Payroll – Institute of Applied Technology
- Computer Programmer – Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.
- Curriculum Specialist – Sports Science – Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- 1 Second Al Noor International Nursing Conference kicks-off in Abu Dhabi
- 2 Children get a new set of Arab heritage tales
- 3 DIB welcomes 110 students to its annual Iktaseb summer training programme
- 4 Fitting in is stressful for Dubai students, say experts
- 5 Pupils given a fun lesson in engineering at Khalifa University’s Stem summer camp
- Student Engagement & Development Manager - Abu Dhabi University
- Senior Coordinator, Student Services - Institute of Applied Technology
- Senior Officer, Payroll - Institute of Applied Technology
- Computer Programmer - Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.
- Curriculum Specialist - Sports Science - Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- Assessment Manager - Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- PRO (Public Relation Officer) - UAE National Only - ACTVET
- Head of Training & Development - ACTVET
- Project Manager - ACTVET
- Programmer - Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.