Digital Media Specialist #32573
The Digital Media Specialist will lead in the development of digitally formatted instruction and instructional support materials, particularly in the construction of course pieces, and learning objects to be deployed using the Blackboard Course Management System. The Digital Media Specialist will work closely with the Instructional Support Specialist in the conceptualization, design, and evaluation of a comprehensive program that develops the skills of ADU faculty and professional staff with a focus on enhancing the university’s student-centered learning environment and building sustained faculty competencies
- Provides computer programming to implement the multimedia and online components of courses created by Faculty and the Instructional Designer.
- Collaborates with team members to identify and evaluate digital learning materials and facilitate integration into course materials.
- Participates in decisions regarding the selection of instructional technologies, including software applications, for enhancing course materials.
- Assists in the preparation of materials and presentation of workshops on best practices in digitally supported instruction.
- Reviews digital course materials and suggest revisions as needed.
- Responds to instructors’ concerns about technology enhanced teaching and learning.
- Collaborates with other digital media personnel and electronic publishing specialists, especially the staff of the Library.
- Provides direct support to video conference instruction, online learners and instructors, and other technology setup as needed.
- Maintains Center for Faculty Development equipment
- Performs other appropriate duties as determined by the Director of the Center for Faculty Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Associate’s Degree with significant experience may be substituted.
- Excellent skills in online productivity tools such as Java, Flash, Website development, and Microsoft Office Products .
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to write clearly, including the effective use of electronic mail, discussion boards, and other online tools of communication.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to produce online products to standards and on deadline.
- Professional demeanor
- Experience producing and integrating digitalized audio/video files for Web delivery.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- About Company: Abu Dhabi University
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.
- 1 MBRSLP announces Guidelines for its innovation council
- 2 UAE a magical place for UK schools
- 3 Overwhelming response at the annual Career Fair at Dubai Knowledge Village
- 4 IAF arranges AED 40 million facility to a Private School in Dubai
- 5 Khalifa University hosts strategic meeting on UAE-Japan Research and Development
- Associate Director, Employer & Alumni Relations
- Practitioners / Key Workers / Teachers Needed
- Senior Audit Manager
- Internal Auditor (UAE National Only)
- Marketer (Bi-Lingual)
- Specialist – Scholarship Administration
- Cashier – Full Time
- Procurement Officer– Full Time
- Business Administration / Economy - PhD holder - Part Time faculty
- HR & Admin. Officer - Full Time