Faculty members are responsible for providing effective instruction in the Higher College Technology
‘s Class Assistant Diploma program (pre-Baccalaureate). By using various learning methodologies that support a learning by doing philosophy, curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and traditions.
Adjunct Faculty are temporary teaching staff employed within the college to enhance student learning, and who bring with them a wide array of practical knowledge and varied experience. To be considered for an adjunct position, candidates must reside in the UAE and be able to provide the HCT with a ‘no objection certificate’ (referred to as an NOC letter) from your visa sponsor. Adjunct faculty are paid monthly for contract hours (teaching time) per week.
For a detailed job description and to apply please visit http://recruit.hct.ac.ae. We are currently looking for Adjunct Faculty to start as soon as possible and the review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
- A Master’s Degree in Education or other relevant discipline; a Bachelor’s Degree may be considered for adjunct candidates
- A professional teaching qualification (eg – B.Ed, PGCE, M.Teach, etc.) inclusive of teaching methodology and supervised practical teaching
- A PhD is desirable
- A TESOL qualification is desirable
- At least 3 years of practical classroom teaching experience in a relevant school setting (early learning/kindergarten, primary)
- At least 3 years of experience within a teacher education department at a tertiary level, or equivalent, demonstrating experience mentoring trainee/new teachers and/or class assistants