American University of Sharjah (AUS)
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. The university was envisaged by His Highness as a leading educational institution in the Gulf region. Located in University City, Sharjah, AUS is a not-for-profit, independent, institution of higher education formed on the American model.
It offers 26 majors and 52 minors at the undergraduate level, and 14 master’s degrees through the College of Architecture, Art and Design; the College of Arts and Sciences; the College of Engineering; and the School of Business Administration. These programs are designed to meet the challenges of a competitive and dynamic business and industrial environment.
As a provider of quality higher education in the Gulf, AUS is licensed and its programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the United Arab Emirates. AUS is accredited in the United States of America by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The bachelor of science degree programs in chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering offered by the College of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (www.abet.org). The bachelor of science degree program in computer science offered by the College of Engineering is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET (www.abet.org). The Bachelor of Architecture program of the College of Architecture, Art and Design is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) of the United States. The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) as well as the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) degrees offered by the School of Business Administration are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
How was your Experience?
- Mohammad honours winners of Think Science competition
- Academic year to end early for KG1 to Grade 2 pupils
- Masdar Institute graduates encouraged to build a more sustainable world
- Parents stretched as UAE firms cut education allowances
- More than 30,000 design students required in Middle East by 2019
- Senior Specialist - Events and Marketing
- Faculty Positions in Law (Arabic)
- Administrative Assistant (Engineering Technology and Science)
- Professional & Graduate School Advisor
- Nursery Teacher
- Nursery Nurse
- Associate Dean, Applied Communications
- Key Teacher
- Art & Music Nursery Teacher
- Teacher - Qualified Practitioner
Join 70,000+ Educators
Sign-up to our Newsletter