Teaching Assistant #74928
- To assist the instructor of record or section coordinator in the conduct of tutorials, laboratories, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, and seminars provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
- Acting as a student advocate where appropriate.
- Involvement in professional activity.
- Consultation with students.
- Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the staff member teaches.
- Production of teaching materials for students for whom the staff member has responsibility.
- Development of course material with appropriate guidance from the program coordinator.
- Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the staff member teaches.
- Acting as course coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
- Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate.
- Attendance at staff meetings and/or membership on a limited number of AD Poly committees.
- Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Performs other duties assigned by the head of applicable division/unit.
- Can work under pressure
- Value and strong work ethic
- Can prioritize workloads, delivering on time
- Possess strong analytical and information organizational skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Proven Time Management skills
- A logical and methodical documenter
- Keeps up to date with current trends by reading manuals, technical reports, periodicals etc.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Education Level: Bachelor degree in field appropriate to Information Technology . Master’s degree preferred.
- About Company: Abu Dhabi Polytechnic
Apply for this job