Zayed University, Abu DhabiZayed University, Abu Dhabi, 3.9 stars - 5 based on 13 reviews
Zayed University is an educational centre of excellence in an emerging and evolving nation. Proudly bearing the name of the founder of the nation – the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – it stands for innovation, inspiration, and education.
The University was founded to prepare male and female leaders who will provide the knowledge and abilities this nation will need to enjoy a future of security and progress. It offers an academic program that prepares talented, ambitious and enthusiastic students for success in government, the arts, business, media and IT and to meet the challenges of a dynamic twenty-first century world.
The University was founded for UAE National women in 1998, with campuses in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Today, the University is educating more than 6,000 male and female students from 19 countires to compete and thrive in a global environment at the following campuses: Abu Dhabi North, Abu Dhabi South, Dubai – Al Ruwayyah, and Dubai – Knowledge Village.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the University’s programs are recognized internationally as coming from a quality assured university. You can be sure that your degree is not only highly regarded in the UAE, not only in the GCC, but globally. Your Zayed University education puts you on a level playing field with students from around the world studying at other highly regarded university.
At Zayed University, students experience a learning environment that encourages and supports their academic success. The basis for their academic experience is the Zayed University Academic Program Model, which focuses on learning outcomes and assessment. This model provides students with a balanced, connected academic program that makes learning purposes clear, ensures that resources support educational goals, and emphasizes student achievement and success.
The Academic Program Model is supported through a complete educational program including an Academic Bridge Program that ensures student proficiency in English;
- A general education core curriculum that provides a broad interdisciplinary foundation for major study;
- In-depth studies in one of five colleges;
- An internship that provides practical experience for all students;
- A Capstone experience through which students demonstrate their ability to integrate and synthesize what they have learned both in and out of class; and
- Periodic assessment of student achievement in the Zayed University Learning Outcomes. During their freshman and sophomore years, Zayed University students enroll in the Colloquy on Integrated Learning, a core curriculum that provides an intellectual experience shared by all ZU students and that creates a framework supportive of ZU‘s Learning Outcomes.
Through a series of closely related interdisciplinary courses, students develop their abilities in critical thinking, computer applications, information literacy, English, and Arabic. At Zayed University, students have a choice of degree programs designed to meet their personal academic interests and career goals.
Comments for Zayed University, Abu Dhabi
# 2 of 23 Universities in Abu Dhabi
# 8 of 122 Universities in UAE
- 1 Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government Explores Collaboration with Montenegro
- 2 DIB welcomes 110 students to its annual Iktaseb summer training programme
- 3 4 more villa schools closed in Abu Dhabi
- 4 Khalifa University Welcomes New Students for the Academic Year 2014-2015
- 5 Absent teachers to be punished
- Student Engagement & Development Manager - Abu Dhabi University
- Senior Coordinator, Student Services - Institute of Applied Technology
- Senior Officer, Payroll - Institute of Applied Technology
- Computer Programmer - Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.
- Curriculum Specialist - Sports Science - Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- Assessment Manager - Abu Dhabi Vocational Education & Training Institute
- PRO (Public Relation Officer) - UAE National Only - ACTVET
- Head of Training & Development - ACTVET
- Project Manager - ACTVET
- Programmer - Kawader Human Resources Consultancy LLC.