Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Manager – IT & Telecommunication Services
The University of Wollongong in Dubai is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and focused individual to fill the position of ITTS Manager.
The ITTS Manager will be responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of UOWD’s Information Technology and Telecommunication systems, environment and infrastructure to meet the business and academic needs of staff, Faculty and students.
The position holder will be working closely with the Executive team in making decisions about technical and systems development within the University. As the key technical resource for the organisation, the ITTS Manager will be required to exercise a high degree of independence and autonomy in setting the direction for technical developments and overseeing implementation of IT projects and telecommunication facilities.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a medium size business or corporate IT Operations environment in addition to at least six months as a project supervisor/team leader on a single project. University IT experience is desirable
- A degree in computer science/engineering, as well as a diploma or certification or equivalent experience as an IT Project Manager
- Postgraduate qualifications in a management-related field is desirable (or at least two years of management experience)
- Experience serving as a project supervisor or team leader on IT projects
- Experience in all Service Area activities in which management activities occur
- Experience in alignment of emerging technologies to business operations
- A commitment to Values of Passion, Courage, Integrity, Exceptional, Collaboration and Creativity
- Demonstrated understanding of local culture and operations of local government bodies
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Organisational skills
- Strong networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team leader
- In depth knowledge of current trends in information technology; computer hardware and software capabilities and limitations
- In depth knowledge of management practices: planning, budgeting, organising, staffing, directing, and controlling
- Ability to operate within, manage and contribute to a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work outside standard work hours in case of emergency or crisis
- Experience using Telecommunication technologies, PABX, NBX, VOIP, IP telephony and enhance communication media such as video conferencing and online messengers
- Virtualisation and cloud technologies, Linux platform, Windows platform, Email services, SQL server, Database platform, Storage technologies, Website development and management.
- Knowledgeable regarding TCP/IP, VPN, WAN, routing-protocols and Web-based protocols, Frame Relay, DSL networks; Knowledgeable regarding Internet technologies and security such as firewalls, intrusion detection, proxies, bandwidth management and remote access; Directory services on Active Directory, Windows system structure, secure authentic, RADUIS, system certificates.
- Telecommunication technologies, PABX, NBX, VOIP, IP telephony and enhance communication media such as video conferencing and online messengers
Apply for this job
Only Word and PDF files no larger than 1MB will be accepted.