With a population of 2,576,181, Qatar is a sovereign country located in the Middle East. Qatar is a high income economy, backed by the world's third largest natural gas and oil reserves. When it comes to education, private schools attract most expat children, and Qatar offers great academic facilities and value for money.
Schools in Qatar are governed by the Qatar Ministry of Education and the Supreme Education Council. Apart from this, there are also privately managed independent schools in Qatar. These are mostly for English speaking western expatriates.
Facts about schools in Qatar:
- There are approximately 338 international schools operating in Qatar.
- Independent schools teach both Arabic and English
- Academic Bridge Program offers a university preparatory program that aims to equip top calibre secondary school graduates for admission to degree programs
- The Learning Center is a school meant for students who experience learning difficulties. It assists students to develop compensatory skills for individual learning differences.
- Qatar Academy includes both primary and senior school for international education for boys and girls from pre-school level to university entrance. The Qatar Academy is accredited by US-based New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and also the Europe based Council of International Schools.