With a population of 2.8 million (2016), Toronto has a captivating skyline and diverse international population. Canada occupies the northern half of North America and is known for its natural beauty. It has a wealth of forests, lakes and mountains and is a culturally diverse country. Toronto’s rich history, academics and cultural activities make it one of the best study abroad destinations in the world.
Facts about studying in Toronto:
- Over 200,000 international students and researchers choose to study in Canada annually
- There are over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered at more than 100 institutions nationwide
- Tuition is considerably lower than in other leading study abroad cities, roughly half of US or UK Universities
- International students are permitted to work while they study
- Canada’s International Education Strategy recently announced its goal to double the number of full-time international students to 450,000 by 2022.