Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) was established in accordance with law No. 24 of 2005, issued by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, the UAE President, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
To assist in the administration of the payroll activities for ADEC (as they pertain to ADEC HQ, the former zones and public schools) to ensure timely payment of salaries, benefits and pensions to all employees and minimise employee time spent resolving payroll queries.
- Administer the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll as per the guidelines prescribed by Department of Finance to ensure timely payment of salaries, pensions and other benefits to all employees in ADEC;
- Assist the Team Leader in the ongoing maintenance and development of accurate and efficient payroll systems and procedures; Develop clearly auditable processes for the timely receipt, registration, verification and approval of all expense payments for ADEC;
- Assist the Team Leader in maintaining all payroll general ledger accounts and personnel budgetary balances for all ADEC payroll accounts;
- Calculate of wages and deductions to ensure compliance with ADEC guidelines and procedures; initiate salary remittance process to banks as well as the issuance of pay checks to ADEC employees on a monthly basis;
- Compile periodic and special reports on payroll matters, draft reports and provide documentation to internal and external auditors on payroll activities ensuring all specialists maintain clear audit trails of procedures followed and resolve individual payroll queries from employees as required, escalating issues to management where appropriate;
- Contribute (as required) to identify areas of improvement in terms of payroll processes, use of technology etc. and work (in coordination with ICT Division) to implement any changes;
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary;
- Receive and review payroll variations from Employee Relations;
- Follow up with the bank for unsettled payments;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and principles
- Knowledge and application of accrual and management accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge and application of computerised payroll and financial accounting
- Knowledge of federal and local payroll and benefits legislation and practices
- Financial Analysis Skills
Finance or Accounting