Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) was established in accordance with law No. 24 of 2005, issued by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, the UAE President, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
o manage the performance, planning and organization of all facilities and Purchasing requirements by coordinating with related personnel; monitor and ensure that all purchasing activities are in compliance with requirements, specifications and guidelines of the Council, Legal and Federal regulations and policies in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Coordinate with the ADEC Divisions as well as consultants, suppliers and vendors to perform and organise professional and other internal procurement activities and processes by applying best-practice processes, tools, and techniques, in accordance with procurement governance, processes, standards, and procedures;
- Coordination with the various Divisions for identifying professional requirements (IT, consulting, software and applications, etc.) and other internal requirements (including material, equipment, services, etc, ) and for selection of potential suppliers/ vendors;
- Review in coordination with the Legal Affairs Division, the RFPs / RFQs prepared by the Senior Purchasing Specialists, for the legal sufficiency of the documents;
- Manage the negotiation of purchase orders with vendors / suppliers of the requirements, analyze prices, specifications, delivery dates and endorse the best bid among potential suppliers;
- Establish relationships with suppliers/ vendors and technical advisors (including air, sea and land transportation firms) and monitor coordination for scheduling or expediting deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other related problems; ensure that vendor engagements are competitive and cost effective;
- Endorse suppliers’ bills/invoices based on the review and verification by the Senior Purchasing Specialist and forward to the Account Management Section for release of payments;
- Review/analyze reports/research of purchasing activities, costs and expenditures by the purchasing Section and approve/provide recommendations to improve internal procurement activities and sources;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Knowledge of analyzing and planning optimal sourcing and purchasing strategies based on organizational requirements:
1. Project Management Skills
2. Strategic Planning Skills
3. Risk Management Skills
4. Vendor Relationship Management Skills