The Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) was established in accordance with law No. 24 of 2005, issued by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, the UAE President, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
To assist in the development of private educational policy and the PSQA Strategic and Master Plans; by conducting policy analysis and preparing reports to ensure the continual improvement of the Sector through the evaluation of policy initiatives and the setting of standards that improve educational performance.
- Provide informal professional and technical guidance to Specialists and review their work for accuracy/quality as requested;
- Assist in the development of new private educational policy and updating of existing policy in accordance with the vision of the Sector to bring performance to an internationally benchmarked standard as well as meet the changing needs of the Sector;
- Assist in the development and review of guidelines and standards for a high level standard of curricula, programs, licensing and accreditation, and teacher certification and training, to ensure an increased level of Sector performance and alignment with Ministry requirements;
- Research educational best practice from the benchmarked countries and develop insights and ways to adapt existing policy to ensure continual improvement;
- Co-ordinate relevant data to support effective and accurate policy analysis;
- Prepare reports identifying the short, medium and long term impacts of proposed policies; taking into account the costs, risks, opportunities and benefits;
- Co-ordinate feedback from all the areas of educational activities in the Sector to ensure that their feedback on policy is received;
- Draft calendar and instruction hours for review of Section Manager;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Nationals: 2 years’ experience in policy design in a rapidly improving modern education system and teaching in a high performing school or schools;
- 2+ years’ experience in policy design in a rapidly improving modern education system;
- 2+ years’ experience of transformational teaching in a high performing school or schools;
- Direct experience in more than one educational system/curriculum;
- Demonstrated skill in policy design/evaluation;
- Bilingual (English/Arabic) preferred.
- Knowledge of Strategic Policy
- Proactive Decision Making Skills
- Information Communication Technology Skills
- Data Analysis Skills