Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Al Gharbia VETI has been established to prepare Emiratis to effectively perform in the UAE work force. Al Gharbia VETI runs its operation and plans its programs to facilitate student development and to reach the maturity required in the workforce. Al Gharbia VETI graduates entering the workforce are job ready. Job readiness is one of the key strengths of vocational education and training graduates. The offered programmes in Al Gharbia VETI are based on the worldwide recognized German Vocational Education System. The Al Gharbia VETI will be set-up and operated under the patronage of the German agency for technical cooperation “gtz”.
- Provide high quality teaching and learning support to their students and conduct sound competency assessment within their discipline.
- Provide administrative, promotional and other support to ensure the effective functioning of the Institute.
- Relevant degree from an accredited higher education institution:
- Bachelor degree for remedial and developmental programs OR
- Masters degree for all other program areas
- Appropriate vocational and or industry experience
- Teaching qualification
- Where no Masters degree exists in a particular discipline, a Bachelor degree, plus extensive experience will be considered.
- Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas within the specific discipline(s).
Demonstrated ability with student centred teaching strategies.
- Highly developed classroom management skills.
Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific discipline(s).
- Understanding of and ability to implement competency based assessment.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, liaison, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute in a team environment.
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
- Proven ability to implement and evaluate high quality education & training programs to meet customer needs.
- Knowledge of relevant policy and educational developments in vocational education and training.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness
- Proven capacity to be flexible and adaptive.