Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is the world’s first graduate-level university dedicated to providing real-world solutions to issues of sustainability. The Institute’s goal is to become a world-class research-driven graduate-level university, focusing on advanced energy and sustainable technologies.
Maintaining the IT Service Desk which acts as the central point of contact and first level for computing support.
- Providing primary liaison and customer service to the end-user community. Accept requests for IT services or problem reports from end-user community and gathers necessary information to adequately describe it into the incident tracking system.
- In case within own areas of expertise, directly respond to the request by providing effective resolution using online support tools and remote desktop access.
- Providing effective incident and problem resolution and management.
- Direct the request or problem to the most appropriate support area (e.g. specialist) if required.
- Report on the incident resolution and monitor service level requirements and achievements.
- Liaison with user to ensure that requests or incidents have been satisfactorily handled.
- Maintaining the service catalog.
- Prioritizing service improvement requests and identifying gaps for future functionality.
- Extensive knowledge of information technology service management standards and concepts including ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) framework.
- Knowledge and experience with service desk management systems (BMC Remedy is a plus).
- Extensive knowledge of common computing hardware and desktop software applications for both Mac and Windows.
- Familiarity with directory services, email setup, networking concepts and protocols (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP).
- Excellent conceptual and analytical problem-solving abilities and solid written and verbal communication skills.