Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Founded in 1976, Esol Education specializes in the establishment and management of high quality international schools around the Middle East and Mediterranean. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, with branch offices in Hong Kong, Cairo and Nicosia, Esol Education currently serves over 10,000 students, operating a total of nine international schools in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Cairo, Nicosia, and Aley.
The Business Manager is responsible to the Director of School for the administrative leadership, and efficient and effective management of the non-instructional aspects of the school’s operation. He is also responsible to the Director of School for the school’s organization and day-to-day administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with major in the area of finance, business, or related field.
- Ten years experience in the field of Business & Administration operations, minimum five at supervisory level in a large institution, preferably a school or an education establishment.
- Good management and people skills.
- Experience with technology tools, including planning, implementation and enhancement.
Organize and administer non-teaching staff, within the policies of Esol Education & the school, to best achieve the goals and objectives of the school by:
- Assigning responsibilities and duties, and arranging vacation schedules
- Calling meetings.
- Ensuring general supervision and performance of duties.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Developing procedures to support the above functions when needed.
- Preparing & issuing employment contracts when needed.
- Keeping the Director of School appraised of any issues that arise.
- Responsible for staff accommodation/transportation, dealing with leave applications, resignation/termination of employment, gratuity, etc.
- Maintaining information relating to salaries, allowances, absences, vacations, gratuity, etc., and be prepared to report such information as required.
Work closely with the Director and Principals, maintenance team, security & cleaners to ensure proper maintenance, safety and security of the school buildings and grounds by:
- Ensuring that buildings, and the furnishings inside them, are properly maintained for cleanliness, good repair and ready for safe and secure utilization.
- Developing long-range plans to ensure the adequate upkeep of all facilities.
- Controlling and developing adequate security provisions (e.g. for fire, theft, terror) including hiring a security manager and staff to maintain a secure facility for students and staff.
- Working closely with the Principals, taking overall responsibility for the buildings and grounds.
- Oversee the utilization of school buildings and grounds, on weekdays, and all weekends and holidays.
Work with the Director to secure appropriate bus transportation services for the school:
- Procure the services of a transportation provider or build the capability to own and manage transportation services internally (or a mix).
- Estimate the capacity and routing needs for transportation and ensure the provision of enough bus seats for the identified demand.
- Design an efficient transportation service for the school, including contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and Esol Education / School policies around school transportation.
- Put in place monitoring, safety and security, and payment procedures for bus transportation services.
Work with the Director to secure appropriate food services for the school:
- Procure the services of vendors / caterers to provide healthy options for the students or build internal capability / kitchen to do the same.
- Ensure the service is efficient including contract negotiation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and Esol Education / School policies for food service.
- Put in place monitoring, quality control, and payment procedures for food services.
- Assist the Management Team with the execution of ESOL-approved budget. Recommend administrative controls where advisable.
- Manage the School’s accounting and financial services, including the areas of budget, revenue, expenditure, reporting, banking, investments and audit.
- Supervise the preparation of an appropriately detailed monthly and year-end financial report for the Director, ESOL and the Management Team.
- Supervise school payroll procedures including payments and preparation/ maintenance of all earnings, deductions and other personnel salary records.
- Ensure the effective financial control of procurement, supply inventory and property / plant equipment systems.
- Supervise the school accounts payable process and related procedures.
- Review and administer school contracts and commitments relating to school and residential property insurance, building or land leases, and service/construction contracts.
- Facilities improvement and expansion including planning for major initiatives.
- Adequacy and completeness of insurance cover.
- Government relations.