Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Fusion is much more than an accredited private middle and high school for grades 6-12 – it’s a revolutionary community of learning where positive relationships and one-to-one classrooms unlock the academic potential in every student and create opportunities for emotional and social growth.
Our campus has an immediate opening for a part-time English/History Teacher. This position provides a student centered, supportive classroom that promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional security, resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking while addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each student through Fusion’s differentiated approach.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience in the areas of English Composition, Literature, Language Arts, World and U.S. History, Government, and Economics at grade levels 6-12.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth
- Maintain complete and accurate records
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents
- Contribute to and benefit from the campus community
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection and continuous improvement
- In addition to subject matter tutoring and teaching, this position includes significant student mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned
- Position Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required for consideration, as well as a higher level English and/or History background.
- Solid subject matter knowledge in a majority of these areas: English Composition, Literature, Language Arts, World and U.S. History, Government, and Economics at grade levels 6-12.
- Teaching credentials are a plus but are not mandatory.
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is a plus as well as mentoring experience.
- The ideal candidate is outgoing, well organized, competent in basic computer skills, and is an individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
- Candidate must be prepared to teach and tutor material at a high school level immediately.
- Expertise in the relevant subject area.
- Understand learning differences and emotional difficulties.
- Ability to mentor as a positive role model.
- Understand and support each student’s Formal Education Plan (FEP).
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
- Ability to manage stress, and self-regulate during chaos and crisis, consistently positive attitude, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.