Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Instructional Resources Manager
Institute of Applied Technology is seeking a Manager Instructional Resources to oversee and manage the selection, acquisition and provision of instructional/learning resources to support the teaching and learning goals of the institute. The post holder will provide leadership in developing access to electronic information resources and multimedia products; work closely with librarians and programme teams to augment materials and ensure that the most relevant, significant and noteworthy resources are available on a continuous basis.
- Produce clear policies and procedures on the selection, acquisition and use of instructional/learning resources.
- Manage effectively the selection, development and provision of a wide range of instructional and learning resources to support teaching and learning.
- Provide administrative supervision for various programmes and services related to the Learning Resource Centres.
- Promote the effective use of advanced instructional technologies, including print and electronic resources, e-textbooks, software, apps and equipment.
- Work in close partnership with academic departments to identify and acquire instructional/learning resources.
- Develop instructional resource collections in collaboration with programme teams to meet the requirements of all courses offered by the institution.
- Promote the use of electronic resources, the Library Management System and Learning
Management System for providing information literacy skills instruction across campuses.
- Promote the instructional role of librarians in preparing students to become information literate and lifelong learners.
- Develop the LRCs contribution to literacy programmes and inspire and enthuse students to read widely.
- Ensure that the quality and relevance of instructional/ learning resources is maintained through a regular editing and replacement policy.
- Manage budgets within the area(s) of responsibility; prepare budget requirements to ensure effective provision of instructional/learning resources across all campuses/subject areas.
- Maintain and develop a thorough working knowledge of educational initiatives, information and communications technologies and developments taking place in school librarianship.
- Work with programme teams to manage the learning and instructional resources element of internal and external validation processes.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Graphic Design team and overseeing projects related to yearly events.Prepare regular reports for submission to the Senior Manager for Learning Resources
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or postgraduate qualification in Librarianship, Information Management, or equivalent, from an ALA/CILIP accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with Learning/Instructional Resources in an educational setting
- Sound understanding and experience in the administration and use of Integrated Library Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of LC Classification.
- Comfortable in the use of Learning Management Systems and working in an online environment.
- Ability to identify and learn new technologies; keep up with new ideas.
- Awareness of and familiarity with various eBook collections
- Familiarity with publishers, educational library’s and library vendors’ mobile apps or sites.