The IT Manager will be responsible for providing technical support and managing the systems. Reporting directly to the Corporate IT Support Manager at this time, they will also have a dotted line to the General Manager of the property at which they are located. Technical support includes, but is not limited to workstation and printer installation and maintenance throughout the resort, administering the local server(s), monitoring the network, hardware performance, connectivity and backups. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the budget planning process to define systems needs at his/her property.
- Work closely with property staff on different systems related issues pertaining to the PMS, POS (to include F&B, Spa and Retail).
- Proactively monitor and administer the network operating systems, workstation operating systems, security, safety, backups and network management procedures related to the systems within his/her focus for the resort.
- Assemble, disassemble, repair, install, and decommission computers and related equipment approved for use by the corporate office. Install, update and otherwise manage the operating systems of the installed equipment.
- Supervise other employees’ use of the systems to assure compliance with pre-defined and set company policies. Supervise access and activities of vendors and other outside entities allowed access to the systems. Provide user training and counseling where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and inventories of equipment assembled, received and distributed. Maintain an organized, safe and clean work area. Participate in job related training, classes, conventions, seminars and personal knowledge enrichment opportunities as directed.
- Administer and enforce GWR license agreements, ensuring license compliance thus allowing the property to justify software expenditures and accurately predicting future software needs.
- Work closely with members of the GWR IT team both at the corporate office and at the other resorts in the field.
- Assist the Corporate IT on different IT projects and Support related issues in the field or at the corporate office.
- Prioritize projects and support workload at the resort.
- Conduct regular training sessions to keep the knowledge base at the properties current.
- Other miscellaneous projects as assigned by either the General Manager or Corporate IT.
- Place orders for hardware and replace broken hardware in a prompt timeframe
- Balance and maintain a budget, including roadmaps for future purchases.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a two-year college with an associate degree. Four-year college degree preferred.
- Certifications a plus
- Hospitality IT experience preferred
- A minimum of three years IT experience in hybrid networking environments is required.
- Expertise in multiple OS platforms, network technologies and concepts, including TCP/IP, SMTP and Ethernet, and Wide Area Networks a must.
- Knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Certifications in A+, Network +, CCNA, and CCNP preferred.
- Background in Cisco Network and Windows Server /desktop preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills necessary.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to all levels of associates at the properties and ensure an acceptable level of understanding is achieved.
- Must be able to develop and design effective and feasible systems plans for the properties.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to provide references upon request