Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
To teach Mathematics to UAE national students in a practical learner centered environment. The aim of the curriculum is to help students develop the basic math skills necessary to function effectively in an international work environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare course materials, homework assignments and handouts.
- Assess students’ coursework.
- Communicate information on progress and performance to students and relevant people.
- Maintain student attendance records, transcripts and any other student records.
- Organise, accompany and supervise students on field trips where required.
- Maintain a teaching log and compile a course team report at the end of each semester.
- Liaises with the LRC in order to promote student development through the use of technology-based learning.
- Proactively assesses the potential for new technologies and its suitability in higher education and its mission to meet the demands of the market place.
- Contribute to the planning, evaluation and revision of curricula, course content and methods of instruction.
- Participate in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programmes.
- Be available to travel to any IAT location for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration and placement activities.
- Cover schedule to substitute for sick colleagues.
- Act as advisor to student organizations where appropriate.
- Participate in college and community events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics. Master preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience at secondary or vocational level, with a focus on basic skills using numbers and pre-Algebra.
- A teaching qualification.