Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
For us, education is more than a process of acquiring knowledge. We believe in its power to give hope, build resilience and unleash possibility.
The Program Officer will be a core member of the Foundation, working in the Programs team and will report to the Education Program Manager.
He/she should have relevant outreach and student engagement experience in the context of education inside the UAE.
The position is based in Dubai with a demanding work schedule and regular field visits to educational institutions and private sector institutions. Preference will be given to UAE nationals.
The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Program Manager and closely with the Foundation team to:
- Develop and execute outreach plans and support the Foundation’s programs. This includes proactively identifying target beneficiaries, communicating the value of the Foundation’s programs to the UAE public, communicating main program messages, and developing outreach materials.
- Support the work of the Foundation to build relationships with the UAE education sector and local private sector.
- Identify opportunities for, and support the development and implementation of, local immersive experiential opportunities for beneficiaries of the Foundation’s programs.
- Support the day-to-day operations and activities of the project including liaising with all stakeholders, monitoring, reporting, and more.
- Engage and answer questions from beneficiaries regarding AGFE programs, document and develop frequently asked questions, and integrate key questions and lessons learned into beneficiary guidebooks.
- Conduct school, university, workshop, and training visits to AGFE program beneficiaries.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners to support the program and execute program strategy.
- Plan and conduct recruitment events for program beneficiaries.
- Actively monitor and report on the progress of Foundation programs.
- Provide summaries of key issues, program analysis, business development updates, and other administrative, program and logistical support as requested by Program Manager.
- Develop and actively maintain an up-todate database of current and potential beneficiaries and partner organizations with key information and data about each.
- Plan, organize and attend outreach events, and play an active role in representing the Foundation’s work, communicating its vision and programs, building new relationships and communicating opportunities for engagement.
- Excellent communication, presentation, listening and people skills and the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation, analysis and synthesizing ability.
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in both Arabic and English is essential.
- Fully competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office products.
Education & Experience
- Minimum BA degree in social studies, education, communication or a related field.
- Previous work experience, including a minimum of 5 years working in a capacity directly relevant for the program officer role, for example in the education or nonprofit sector including in program development, youth engagement, partnership management, outreach, and student affairs.