The Information Technology (“IT”) Instructors for a recently established Institute for Vocational and Technical Training in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The appointment is for an initial period of one year in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with the possibility of extension. Applications are currently being accepted.
The IT Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students various concepts of IT including an introduction to productivity suites of applications such as Microsoft Office and the use of these applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.), basic networking, and desktop and laptop hardware. Activities and operations include working with other Institute staff to identify areas of IT knowledge that require improvement within the student body, participating in the development of IT curriculum, coordinating with other IT Instructors to integrate curricula, monitoring computer lab access, and teaching classes with up to 25 students for up to 20 hours per week. The IT Instructor reports to the Director of Foundation Programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach up to 20 hours of in class instruction per week.
- Maintain positive rapport with all students and create a positive learning environment to adequately communicate lessons.
- Enforce the student management and disciplinary policies of the Institute.
- Monitor computer labs on rotation with other IT Instructors as required.
- Act as an advisor outside of class to support students and faculty that require IT training or assistance.
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Participate in IT curriculum development and planning with other IT Instructors and the General Training Manager.
- Highly organized and dependable.
- Excellent computer aptitude and experience with basic teaching technology including interactive whiteboards, projectors, the
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), and student information systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral form in English and Arabic.
- Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills are required.
- Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context.
- Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred.