The Mathematics Instructor for a recently established Institute for Vocational and Technical Training in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The appointment is for an initial period of one year in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with the possibility of extension. Applications are currently being accepted.
The Mathematics Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students in the Institute various concepts of mathematics including basic, intermediate, and advanced algebra, geometry, and basic and intermediate calculus. Activities and operations include working with other Institute staff to identify areas of mathematics knowledge that require improvement within the student body, participating in the development of mathematics curriculum, coordinating with other Mathematics Instructors to integrate curricula, and teaching classes with up to 25 students for up to 20 hours per week. The Mathematics Instructor reports to the Director of Foundation Programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach up to 20 hours of in class instruction per week.
- Maintain positive rapport with all students and create a positive learning environment to adequately communicate lessons.
- Enforce the student management and disciplinary policies of the Institute.
- Act as an advisor outside of class to support students that require additional mathematics training or assistance.
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Participate in mathematics curriculum development and planning with other Mathematics Instructors and the General Training Manager.
- Utilize technology when teaching including interactive whiteboards and projectors.
- Possess a strong knowledge of mathematics and teaching techniques.
- Highly organized and dependable.
- Excellent computer aptitude and experience with basic teaching technology including interactive whiteboards, projectors, the
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), and student information systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral form in English and Arabic.
- Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills are required.
- Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred.