Zayed University is a national and regional leader in educational innovation. Founded in 1998 and proudly bearing the name of the Founder of the Nation – the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, this flagship institution has met the President’s high expectations. Today, Zayed University has two modern campuses in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that welcome both national and international students.
Switchboard Operator will serve and function as the primary and initial point of receiving telephone inquiries to the campus. Also, will Answer queries and calls from internal and external clients in a professional, cheerful and courteous manner. Maintaining and convey accurate and updated Information to internal and external callers.
- Using the Cisco telephone system, receive, make and direct all internal, local and international phone calls and messages to the appropriate University individual or office.
- Update the campus telephone directory on a regular basis.
- Serve as the clerk for faculty/staff international telephone calls. Maintain an accurate record of the international call transactions so as to match calls made to the Etisalat invoice received monthly.
- Prepare the report for Finance to ensure that individuals are charged for any personal international calls made
- Answer general queries as requested.
- Pass and convey phone messages as necessary.
- Initiate telephone contact with the appropriate emergency services in the event of a campus emergency.
- Serve as the clerk for faculty/staff international faxes and maintain an accurate record of the international fax transactions so as to match faxes sent to the Etisalat invoice received monthly.
- Prepare the report for Finance to ensure that individuals are charged for any personal faxes sent
- Prepare the internal envelopes for distribution of any faxes received for individuals, Colleges or departments.
- Type documents in English or Arabic as necessary.
- Perform duties and assignments as determined by Campus Services Director.
- The hours of work would be 12-5pm. Part time only for 3.5 Months
- Fluency in Arabic and English is a must, (Bilingual).