Raising a toddler can feel like a roller coaster ride as you follow their extreme highs and lows. As a mom, you often read lists of tips to make the toddler years easier.
Here are some real, practical tips for parents when it comes to dealing with a toddler:
- Keep in mind that the toddler is your boss. Remember this so you will not think of yourself as a failure being a parent.
- When their back is turned, you can flip your toddler. This feels good for them too.
- The first step in failure is when you argue with your toddler.
- Don’t buy toddlers extravagant gifts. They will not be able to appreciate it unless it’s something very useful. There are more chances they’ll be playing with the box rather than the gift.
- A popsicle stick can help keep your toddler occupied. You can load the dishwasher or do other chores without the toddler bothering you.
- Toddlers can sometimes move unexpectedly and grip you the wrong way. When you’re on the couch, be sure to protect your eyes, crotch, face, hair, and breasts.
- Toddlers will get up two hours earlier if you put them to bed two hours late.
- Don’t bathe your kid every day. You can wipe them with clean towels.
- Make them wear shoes in the morning and don’t bother when they remove it later in the afternoon.
- Toddlers will really test your patience. They are always moving here and there. Make it a chance for you to work out.
- Avoid making them eat dirt. But when it happens, beware of any reactions succeeding it.
- While changing a messy diaper, you can play peek-a-boo with your toddler. This keeps your kid focus on you.
- Be cautious when giving your toddler a cup without a lid. All electronics should be kept away from his reach.
- Do not speak ill to your toddler. Control your patience.
- Just let your kids explore and play. Don’t let every single act bother you.
- You can relax by lying down on the floor and let your toddler climb on you. But always remember to guard your body.
- Any clothing with buttons can be very hard to put on toddlers. Just be patient.
- Don’t re-use sip cups. Just throw them away. Train your toddler to drink in normal cups.
- If they don’t want to eat, don’t lose your temper. Let them eat a few spoonful of food and then proceed.
- Let your kids swim. Babies are natural born swimmers. But always keep an eye on them.
- You need to learn how to handle your kid after he poops. Just be careful.
- Don’t worry too much about how your toddler will look like. Putting on a dress properly is enough.
- Once they learn how to lock the door, bring your keys with you all the time.
- Washing the car seat often is not advisable. It will always be dirty. You can dust it every time but not wash it everyday.
- Always keep pens out of a toddler’s sight.
Do you have something to add above? Share them in the comments below.
Rate this Article
[Total: 5 Average: 3.2/5]