Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The HSSE advisor provides HSSE support to the GM Operations, Engineering & HSSE who will have the overall responsibility for HSSE at Corporate level. HSSE advisor will manage all HSSE related matters including Environmental issues and liaison with environmental consultants and the local authorities. He will provide the technical integrity assurance to the GM based on sound HSSE practices and processes. He will provide assistance and guidance to other functional heads in terms of HSSE standards, procedures, processes and training. He will be directly responsible to manage environmental issues concerning all the functions of the company. He will be reporting to the GM in terms of assurance at corporate level and ensuring good corporate governance as regards HSSE standards and relevant to the industry.
- Promote HSSE training and awareness at all levels within the company. Particularly with a view to filling this post with local personnel from each business.
- To support line managers and supervisors in implementing Management Systems for Health & Safety & Security.
- To support line managers and supervisors in developing an Environmental Management Systems.
- To provide technical advice on all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental issues to all functions of the company’s businesses.
- To carry out regular audits and inspections in all areas of company’s operations including Retail, Commercial, Terminal Operations, Logistics, Aviation Operations and Administration & Head Office.
- Regularly review and update the company’s Emergency Management Plans. To train staff and management by means of regular drills and exercises in emergency preparedness.
- To prepare comprehensive HSSE Management standards, practices, procedures and guidelines for the company. Work with line management to ensure these are adopted into the culture and practices of the business.
- Assess HSSE risk to the business with line management; identify resources and procedures to manage the risk. Complete Incident Investigation Reports when required, review actions and plan and follow up to ensure recommendations are implemented. Develop systems to ensure the effective follow up actions are implemented arising from audit or incident reports.
- Manage the current on-going HSSE activities in Oman, including the annual HSSE inspection program of retail sites. Organize and attend regular departmental HSSE meetings.
- Work with statutory authorities on environmental issues, negotiate clean up standards and promote Ministry adoption of risk based site remediation strategy.
- To assist the GM Operations, Engineering & HSSE to implement HSSE Management policies, systems and processes in line with industry standards and in accordance with the statutory requirements of Oman.
- To provide all the support required to all the senior managers in implementing HSSE management systems in their respective areas of responsibility and accountability.
- Self-motivated, systematic and action focused he/she will be able to set his/her own priorities.
- He/she will have strong communicative and presentation skills able to work with all staff from operator level to senior management in a multi-cultural environment.
- He/she will be able to interact and communicate constructively with external agencies as a representative of the company. He/she must be a good team player with effective interacting skills in a diverse work environment and should be fluent in English and Arabic.
- He/she will have good document control management skill. He/she should be able to interpret and comply within legal framework of the industry and in accordance with statutory requirements of the country.
- He should be fully conversant with the mandatory standards of the petroleum industry and should be able to integrate them in the company’s operations.
- Should be a graduate, preferably with an engineering degree and minimum 10 years of oil industry experience in storage, handling, marketing and distribution of petroleum products with specific knowledge of hazards and risks associated with the products and controls to mitigate the risks.
- Qualified in the HSSE area with good knowledge in environmental standards and protective / preventive measures to minimize risk exposure to the company. Should be trained and qualified to conduct HSSE audits and inspections in accordance with accredited international standards such as IOSH, NEBOSH etc.
- Experience in risk management (both safety and environmental risk), and development of management processes and systems.
- Should be able to influence, motivate and drive good HSSE practices at all levels of management at both company as well as other stake holders such as contractors, customers and partners with Oman Oil.
- Should be self-motivated and creative to promote creative techniques to constantly enhance and develop new systems in managing HSSE standards in an effective manner to minimize risk exposures at all levels and across all functions of the company.
- Should be a good team player and be able to work in a multi-cultural work environment with a positive attitude and behavior and should be able to get along with his peers as well as staff across all streams of the company’s businesses.