Al Rashid Al Saleh Private School provided a ‘Good’ quality of education for its students. Students’ attainment and progress were mostly good in the core subjects across the school. Students had good learning skills and worked independently to apply their skills to real life situations. They readily applied their prior knowledge and understanding to new contexts. Students worked productively in groups, in pairs and independently. They were able to confidently express their thoughts, opinions and ideas. Students’ behaviour and attitudes to learning throughout the school were outstanding. Students were polite, respectful, courteous, self-disciplined, welcoming; and they demonstrated high levels of maturity and support to each other. Students had a strong understanding of the influence of Islamic values on the modern society in Dubai.
Summary of KHDA Inspection
Al Rashid Al Saleh Private School was inspected by DSIB from 9 to 12 January 2017. Click here to enter text.The overall quality of education provided by the school is good. The section below summarises the inspection findings for each of the six performance indicators described in the framework.
- The attainment and progress of students is at least good in all subjects and across all cycles. Progress is very good in Islamic Education throughout KG and Cycle 1 and also in English across KG and Cycle 2. In mathematics, attainment and progress are at least good across the school and are very good in Cycle 3. In English in Cycle 3, attainment is very good and students make outstanding progress.
- The personal and social development of students is a strength of the school; it is outstanding across all phases. Throughout the school, students have an excellent knowledge of Islamic values. They also have a deep appreciation of their own culture and a genuine respect for the cultures of others.
- Overall, teaching for effective learning is good across the school. Assessment processes, which are aligned well to the school’s curriculum standards, are coherent and consistent. They are mostly effective.
- The design and implementation of the MoE curriculum is good. However, it is not always suitably adapted to ensure effective continuity and progression for all students.
- As a result of very effective processes and procedures, the school provides a safe and secure environment. The level of care and support for all students and in all phases is good, except in Cycle 3 where it is very good. The school provides academic and careers guidance that is useful and thorough. It provides clarity and is appreciated by parents and students.
- The principal provides strong leadership and dedication. Her leadership teams work diligently to secure good outcomes for students in all phases. The partnerships with parents are very strong. These result in a real appreciation by families of all that the school does for their children. Governors are effective in their roles, working conscientiously and holding school leaders to account. They also provide support when required.
- The progress students make in developing English language skills is very good in KG and Cycle 2; it is outstanding in Cycle 3.
- The behaviour and attitudes of the students are consistently outstanding.
- Students’ awareness and understanding of Islamic values are exceptionally strong across all four cycles.
- The school provides many excellent opportunities to develop students’ social responsibility.
- The arrangements made to keep students safe and secure are highly effective.
- Effective partnerships with parents are a strong feature of the school.