The Director of Training Programs assists the General Manager in the performance of the various leadership responsibilities, which are attendant to the successful administration of the school unit. We are seeking to appoint someone with excellent curriculum management experience to our Senior Management Team. The specific duties which are assigned by the General Manager and the decision-making authority related to such assignments are as established in the working relationship between the General Manager and Director of Training.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to communicate well and to apply leadership skills within a shared decision-making model.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions given and to perform assigned duties in accordance with applicable guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound educational philosophy and instructional competence.
- Knowledge of and prior successful experience working in a diverse setting.
- A background in appropriate level of the organization.
- Ability to evaluate the instructional process.
- Commitment to innovation and creativity.
- Experience with a school-wide discipline program.
- Knowledge and prior application or experience in improving achievement.
- Research and maintain current knowledge of local laws, policies, and procedures necessary to communicate pertinent information to the General Manager and teachers in order to achieve curriculum objectives, changes, and improvements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and supervision of activities.
- Plan courses of study with curriculum specialists, local business representatives, principals to develop, improve and implement new courses of study.
- Evaluation of programs.
- Evaluation of staff performance.
- Supervision of facilities.
- Responsibility for the safety, conduct, and general welfare of students.
- Monitoring of student progress.
- Selection, assignment, supervision and evaluation of certificated and classified employees.
- Curriculum and program development and evaluation.
- Development and implementation of school restructuring programs, consensus and team building models, interdisciplinary teams and shared decision- making.
- Development and management of sound fiscal practices.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral form in English and Arabic.
- Work experience in a tertiary educational institution, especially in the education and training in vocational and technical studies
- Minimum of six years Senior Management level experience
- Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context, especially supervising senior staff of different nationalities
- Prior work experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred.