Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
For a new private University College which will open in September 2011. It will initially offer 4 specialized Bachelor of Media Arts degrees and a Master degree. As part of our development, we are seeking a Director of Academic Affairs to begin on or before 15 October 2010. In close coordination with the Vice-President of Academic Affairs, the Director of Academic Affairs will supervise all activities concerning the students and academic programs.
The DOAA will be responsible for the following activities:
- Student Support Services (Recruitment, Admission, Social and Financial Advising, Planning)
- Academic Support Services (Planning, Academic Assistants)
- Academic Quality Assurance.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related fields. A Master would be a plus.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position in a higher education institution
- Fully fluent in Arabic and a very good command of English
- Experience with campus management software and campus information systems management
- Very good knowledge of the higher education system in Oman
- Able to show initiative, share ideas and best practice
- Possesses strong inter-personal skills
- A will to interact with students on a daily basis.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus standard benefits package.