Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
In 1959, two teachers, KS Varkey and his wife Mariama, arrived in Dubai.
To assist VP – Financial Reporting in regulated and statutory reporting requirements for GEMS Group. Handle audit, review and tax related matter and also prepare consolidated FS as per IFRS by coordinating with auditors and professional consultants. Assist VP – Financial reporting in audit, accounting and compliance related requirements on day to day basis.
Audit & reporting
- Preparation and completion of consolidated financial statements within 40 working days post year end for annual audit and 30 working days post period end for half yearly or quarterly reviews.
- For timely and accurate preparation of annual financial statements, send audit/review pack and information to respective units and their line managers.
- Determine the impact of accounting standards (IFRS/IAS) on the Group’s financial statements and financial reporting processes and ensure the accounting impact is built into the business planning processes of the Group.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors, consultants and other service providers related to financial reporting such as valuation experts, consultants, etc.
- Implement and maintain automated processes (with support of DAX team) to expedite the financial reporting process and increase accuracy of system derived financial calculations.
- Work on best practices and process improvements within the Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting and Financial Controls teams
- Assist VP – FR in preparing presentation for audit and risk committee on periodic basis (quarter)
- Assist VP – FR in preparing accounting memo on concerns raised by audit & risk committee members.
- Handle audit and review related matters of all subsidiaries of the Group.
GEMS Statutory Reporting requirements
- Assist VP – FR in preparing compliance document for GEMS Statutory Reporting requirements
- Ensure completion and submission of statutory information – like annual audited financial statements, quarterly / half yearly reviewed financial statements etc.
- Prepare and work on VAT readiness and implementation assessment
- Handle VAT related matters pre and post implementation (1 Jan 2018)
- Assist VP – FR in tax related matters pertaining to entities exposed to tax – Qatar & KSA
- Work on statutory filings – tax, returns, registration, advance tax, self-assessment etc.
- Support the Operation Finance team for tax advice on new territories or new tax statutes.
Projects – ERP & SHA
- Provide ERP implementation requirements related to financial reporting
- Work with ERP team on their requirement for audit/review consolidation from DAX
- Assist VP – FR in SHA related queries from shareholders and investors and prepare relevant financial information
- Handle related party transactions in accordance with SHA and audit requirements
Project – Transaction management
- Assist VP – FR in all audit, review, accounting and reporting matters in all phases of transaction management
- Handle the requirements/queries of reporting accountants and tax advisor appointed for any particular transaction
- Support VP-FR / consultants on financial reporting and audit related matters for transaction management
- Assist VP – FR to Manage financial & tax DD and support in legal DD prior/during any transaction
- Assist in due diligence and M&A activity where technical accounting guidance and analysis is required
- Review and assistance to VP-FR on ad hoc basis for specific initiative requiring IFRS related research.
- Prepare accounting memo to provide guidance to all subsidiaries on regular accounting issues.
- Assist VP – FR in drafting accounting and tax related policies for the Group.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Big 4 audit firm experience at senior level
- Detailed IFRS / US GAAP knowledge
- Audit, reporting, accounting and periodic reviews knowledge
- At least 6-8 years of experience of financial reporting and auditing of which at least 2-3 years in a leadership role.
- Experience of working with diverse nationalities is essential