Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
Responsible for managing the sale of products or services to customers in other countries, you will develop knowledge of the cultural, business and political background of the countries you are responsible for, together with an understanding of consumer tastes. You will combine this with the results of market research to decide what will sell in these countries and how to sell it and look for new opportunities to sell to different international markets.
- Plan and coordinate the international shipment of goods.
- Negotiate with a variety of people, such as shippers, agents and vendors, and have excellent customer service skills in dealing with customers.
- Keep track of invoices and prepare reports to expedite the billing process.
- Ensure that shipments are in compliance with the laws and regulations governing the export industry.
- Provide quotations for larger orders, and, where necessary, complete a tender document and agree a final contract if the bid is successful.
- Monitor the processing of orders and check that the distribution is running smoothly and that everything is on
- Deal with any complaints or queries that occur.
- Produce marketing plans, budgets and sales reports for discussion by company management.
- Organise sales briefings and conferences, and visit international trade fairs.
- Produce reports on international markets and issues and feedback to Company Directors.
- Ideally have existing portfolio of customers and distributors
- Be familiar with international markets
- Able to work under pressure
- Have full understanding of supply chain
- Have knowledge and experience of export laws and regulations
- Knowledge of currency market.
- Be educated to degree level in economics, business and accounting – preferable
- Have excellent customer service skills, verbal communication skills and negotiation skills
- Foreign language skills – preferable
- Be self-motivated, demanding, hardworking and able to work autonomously and work to deadlines
- Be IT literate and have excellent administrative skills
- Have a good level of commercial awareness in a wholesale / retail environment
- Be prepared to travel internationally