Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
When the Commercial Bank of Dubai opened in 1969 the start was not much more than a dream formed by a collective determination to help build this country.
The role holder manages and oversees all Government Relations requirements for the Bank, including UAE visas, immigration and pension procedures required from various Ministries and Government entities. This covers onboarding and outboarding of employees as well as assisting renewals of current employee base. The role holder will be responsible for supervising other Government Relations Officers and PROs to ensure efficient service delivery
- Manage the Government Relations team to ensure that all Government related requirements related to the Banks Employee base are managed effectively and within agreed SLA’s.
- Be well versed on required HR policies, procedures, and online government systems in order to provide advice on related and current practices and procedures at an advanced level to the GRO unit and onboarding employees.
- Be knowledgeable of the UAE’s Labour laws and procedures within Immigration and Ministry of Labour in order to process the required documents within agreed SLAs.
- Plan, prioritize and allocate work assignments to the GR team, and monitor their performance to ensure the quality and timely execution of tasks.
- Ensure timely completion of visa processes against agreed SLAs for employees and dependents whilst providing regular progress updates to the GRO unit and HRBPs. Ensure all queries and complaints are dealt with in a timely manner and be the point of contact for any escalated cases.
- Continuously review systems, procedures and practices to identify shortcomings and recommend best practice solutions to increase efficiency and performance. This includes developing e-smart services and use of online portals to provide efficient and streamlined visa services.
- Provide in-depth professional guidance and advice on GR queries and resolve issues to employees and Line Managers.
- Provide professional advice, guidance and conduct performance review of GR staff to assist in the development of their potential and to enhance skill based knowledge.
- Develops own professional expertise by on-the-job and formal training and developing networking and contacts within Immigration, MOL and GPSSA.
- Participates in regular team meetings, to contribute to group discussions on areas of potential improvements and to resolve issues of a broader policy nature.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years’ experience in UAE Government Relations related work.
- Effective communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Must have successfully completed a further training programme on advanced HR and Management.
- Computer Literate especially in Microsoft Office
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Supervisory skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Organizational awareness
- Reception and adaptation to change
- Problem solving and dispute settling.
- Timely handling and tracking of files on a case by case basis.
- Good understanding of protocols and procedures to be compliant with UAE regulations and requirements