Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
- Formulate and finalise policies, guidelines and plans for the department in line with Company’s objectives.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of plans. Monitor plan progress, spot deviations from plan and resolve them.
- Review and decide an effective structure for the department which enhances and facilitates co-ordination and smooth working between various sections.
- Prepare budget proposals and resource plans for the department to ensure that the business is aware of impending material costs and constraints.
- Define and set down standards and assessment criteria for vendors and suppliers. Finalise large contracts. Review vendor performance reports regularly.
- Network between various functional and departmental Senior Managers to obtain and facilitate effective inter-departmental co-ordination and define customer service requirements.
- Prepare management information reports and data as required to provide a logical basis to Senior Management decision-making processes and identify cost or service opportunities.
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Serve as contact persons for all workers within assigned territories.
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- Develop criteria, application instructions, procedural manuals, and contracts for public transportation programs.
- Direct and coordinate, through subordinates, activities of operations department in order to obtain use of equipment, facilities, and human resources.
- Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Prepare management recommendations
- Direct procurement processes, including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, and requisitions approval.
Education & Experience
- (7) Years with relevant experience with at least one year as a Manager.
- Experience in higher education institution is preferable
- Bachelor Degree ( is necessary)
- Master Degree is preferable.
- Candidate must be bilingual(Arabic & English).
Courses to Advance Your Career