Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
The Procurement Assistant is responsible to ensure procurement of the right quantity of right items of the right quality at the right price.
- Identify vendors, including verifying credibility, and build relationships with them for the company.
- Identify high quality and competent maintenance and refurbishment contractors.
- Understand the current maintenance and construction material suppliers including market trends.
- Ensure that procurement is done based on forecast consumption and inventory levels.
- Conducting periodical supplier evaluations.
- To coordinate between operational departments for compiling of procurement requirements for materials/services and obtain prices from the market.
- To initiate, coordinate and facilitate RFQ/Tendering process in accordance with company policies.
- Good knowledge of best procurement practices
- Good knowledge about the local market
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good MS Office Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position in Dubai, preferably with a large organization in the construction or maintenance industry.
- Facilities Management Industry experience is highly desired, but not essential.
- Extensive knowledge of construction or maintenance contractors and material suppliers in the Dubai