Send me more jobs like this Get Email Alert
When the Commercial Bank of Dubai opened in 1969 the start was not much more than a dream formed by a collective determination to help build this country.
The job holder is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a variety of in-house developed software as well as off-the-shelf applications. Primarily Focused on Core Banking.
Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles.
- Undertake software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications.
- Undertake unit and system integration testing in order to meet software quality objectives.
- Undertake application support and maintenance activities.
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications.
- Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues.
- Prepare Application System Recovery Plans.
- Continuously develop own expertise, optimizing on-the-job and formal training opportunities.
- University graduate in Computer Science.
- Professional qualifications in software development.
- Excellent Understanding of Core Banking functionalities.
- Understanding of Banking standards (IFX, BIAN), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM).
- Excellent English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage.
- 4+ years of experience in implementing and managing Core Banking systems.
- Proficient in developing J2EE applications, experience in web based programming.
- Experience in Ethix Core Banking is considered an added advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
- Inter- personal relations skills