With a population of 2.3 million (2014), Paris is the capital and most populous city of France. It is one of the most visited cities in the world and France’s art, culture, fashion, and gastronomy capital. Paris has an impressive selection of internationally ranked universities (الجامعات في باريس) and is a highly preferred destination for foreign exchange and international students.
Facts about studying in Paris:
- Paris is the home of the most visited art museum in the world, the Louvre, as well as the Musée d'Orsay, noted for its collection of French Impressionist art, and the Musée National d'Art Moderne, a museum of modern and contemporary art.
- Approximately 330,000 people work for the education sector.
- There are 170,000 teachers and professors teaching 2.9 million children and students.
- There are 9,000 primary, secondary, and higher education schools and institutions.
- Higher education is concentrated in the Paris region. There are 55 specialised centres of higher-education different from the public university structure.